Thursday, May 8, 2008

Duffy's Closing

There's this store out my way called Duffy's. It's a wonderful place for a mismash of fantastic items for KILLER prices. And they are closing. I'm upset about it and here's my letter to United Natural Foods, the company that bought out Millbrook Distribution Services. It kind of explains it all.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am writing to express my discontent at your closing Duffy’s. It’s a wonderful way for my family, and MANY others, to get regular items for reasonable, affordable prices. Not only that, but I can get my favorite United items without a food coop or insane grocery store prices.

I was a member of a food coop. I enjoyed it, for the most part. There were many parts of it that were difficult for my family to maintain. Now, you are taking my resource to get my children low processed, quality ingredient foods away from me. With this decision, you are only making enemies as being the ‘big corporate bad guy’ and coming in and removing a local favorite. My sister would come from RI to frequent Duffy’s so it’s not just locals even.

I have access to that food coop but I can tell you wholeheartedly that I will NOT be rejoining now or in the future. You are a big corporate meanie just like all the others and are showing that you care little about the customers. My children are growing up thinking that the only place you can shop is crummy, disgusting, shameful WalMart.

Regards,
Tonya

No comments: