Monday, March 3, 2008

A little credit

I'm going to kind of tell the story backwards but you'll see why..





I got up early, my mind reeling with creative ideas of things to sew and things to create for my etsy shop. I got a very cute remnant of a shamrock fabric that had all Irish sayings on it. About 3/4 of a yard. It was time to create something with it. Well, I set out to make a certain skirt with a certain ruffle and could only find one tutorial with instructions that I couldn't understand.. SO.. I made the standard ruffle. And put it on the waist instead of the bottom. ARGH! Can I tell you how much these little mistakes make me feel like my brain is functioning at a very low level? Those kinds of stupid mistakes really upset me.



That brings me to my section called "a little credit"..



I did finish the patchwork twirly skirt from scraps of Lil Lady's summer dresses. And it came out smashingly. It was my first twirly skirt AND my first patchworking so I do feel a bit of accomplishment ~crowd roars here~ Lil Lady wanted to wear her skirt today so we had to find a shirt to match. I found a good one and she said "I don't like plain shirts".. then the wheels started turning and out came THIS

I do have to watch the fraying on the top (and grab some fray stop maybe?) This may not look like much to some but OMG!! I did this! Myself!! Rather easily!! LOL ok, I'll stop raving about myself LOLA little twirling...I usually don't post a picture with faces but come on, look at this!

So, with my setback this morning, *this* accomplishment has restored my faith in my sewing abilities. At least for now ;-)

3 comments:

driftwoodthimble.com said...

oh - she is just a little poppet! what a sweet girl - who looks incredibly happy with her new outfit, which makes all the frustrations flow away pretty quick huh!!

I am always making silly sewing mistakes that make me want to kick myself, so you are not alone!!

Dee
x

EverythingIveGot said...

Thank you muchly!! And thank you. I'm pretty fond of her myself.. ~giggles~

Leigh said...

This is adorable!