Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Lil Lady's Birthday




And, last, but not least, is Lil Lady's birthday.


5 years old.


Sheesh, I truly have no opportunity to adjust to the next year's milestones when another child turns a big corner.


I barely have any little kids anymore. 5 is really pushing the "lil" handle. I think I'm ready. Eek.


I belong to this forum "Sewing Mamas" What a great place! I've learned so much, I have a fun place to share my accomplishments, and they are huge enablers in the fabric addiction!


I nervously joined a June/July Birthday swap. I sewed for someone and someone in the pool sewed for me.


Lil lady got two complete outfits. One a great Olivia set, complete with pinafore. The other, a custom outfit from the Ottobre magazine. Very likely the most amazing thing she's owned (and thanks to Grannie, she's owned some AMAZING things)


I'm still a little speechless. These pictures do it NO justice. I'll have to take her outside when the weather improves and get some really striking shots. And, yes, the necklace was made for her too.




Happy birthday, my sweet girl. As a gift from your grandmother, you will always be that much more special to me.

I love you.

No comments: