Friday, February 26, 2010

Great new book on learning the states!

I'm not one for blogging much about educational tools. Not my bag, Bay-bee. But I have an exception to that rule!

I was walking out of the children's room in our local library and saw this on the new book shelf and grabbed it. We like to read at breakfast time so I took this book out yesterday to share with the kids and WOW! What an amazing find! I may just learn my US geography yet!

It's a really cute idea. The author bases the country on this one man in the map and goes from there. It's a great idea for those who are visual learners-- I'll tell ya! MinIow MisArkLou (the man in the map, of course) is in the center and he has a flashlight, a table with food on it, a chair to sit in, etc. All these items make up the rest of the United States. It's fun and cute and SO much less boring than the standard way!

So if you are looking to mix it up a bit, this is a great book to get your hands on.

No comments: